The loss of valuable leadership can cripple a company. Succession planning is essentially preparing successors to take on vital leadership roles when the need arises. Whether it is preparing someone to take over as the sole proprietor of a small business or a position of leadership in a corporation, business succession planning is essential to the long-term survival of a company.
At Purplent, we have edtablisged Succession planning as a process that recruits employees, develops their skills and abilities, and prepares them for advancement, all while retaining them to ensure a return on the organization's training investment.
Our succession planning methodloy involves:
- Understanding the organization's long-term goals and objectives
- Identifying the workforce's developmental needs
- Determining workforce trends and predictions
In the past, succession planning typically targeted only key leadership positions but at Purplent we feel that it is important to include key positions in a variety of job categories. With good succession planning, employees are ready for new leadership roles as the need arises, and when someone leaves, a current employee is ready to step up.
Purplent’s Succession Planning Services can help you focus on a particular step in the succession-planning process, or work with you from start to finish.
We can help your organisation in the follwing areas of sucession planning:
- Develop a communication strategy
- Identify expected vacancies
- Determine critical positions
- Develop a recruitment strategy
- Create assessment and selection tools
- Develop Individual Development Plans for employees
- Develop and implement coaching and mentoring programs
- Develop an evaluation plan for succession management
To find out more about Purplent’s Talent Solutions contact us on email@example.com